Keep it Simple


Recently Simon challenged me to a tower building contest.
Of course I assumed I would build the tallest and strongest tower. After all, I'm competing against my 3year old.

As we started building, I saw Simon simply stacking up his orange blocks.
I decided to incorporate a more complicated, yet solid design. So, I spread the weight around a wide foundation and prepped for tilting dangers. Once my foundation was secure, I started stacking the blocks.

Meanwhile Simon was still going up in a simple line.

He would have beat me if I hadn't stood my final piece straight up in the air.
I called it a tie.

Sometimes simple really is better.



When life seems stressful, step back and ponder on what simple things you may be ignoring.
Have you over-complicated something that can be made easier?





Labels: ,