Guided Imagery for Stress Relief

As I've written before, I find relaxation exercises involving deep-breathing and imagery to be very effective in counseling sessions. (Click here for an example of a relaxation script in another post.)

Today I want to share more guided imagery exercises, but with the added benefit of the audio!
In session, I allow my clients to sit calmly while I talk them through a relaxation exercise. At home though, it can be more difficult to "read" yourself through a relaxation exercise and still experience the full effect.

I am excited to share a link from the McKinley Health Center at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. They have free audio files for stress relief, relaxation, and guided imagery. These useful audio files can play straight from your computer.

http://www.mckinley.illinois.edu/units/health_ed/relax_relaxation_exercises.htm

Next time you are feeling stressed, take some quiet time to yourself to enjoy this free resource. 
Turn off the TV, mute your cellphone, and find a comfortable spot to relax.
I hope you find these relaxation audio files helpful in your own life.
I listened to one this morning and quickly felt more peaceful, even though I wasn't having a stressful day.
Enjoy!



Labels: ,