Gender Reveal Party

Here's the story of our gender reveal party!

With our oldest kiddos, we found out in the doctor's office if we were expecting a boy or girl. Since we had one of each, I thought a gender reveal party would be a fun way to make this baby's gender an exciting moment. And it's an awesome reason for a get-together; I love parties.

I knew from Pinterest inspiration that I wanted to have a drop-box of confetti, balloons, and glitter announce the big news. I thought I'd ask a friend to make the drop-box, but my husband ended up creating the box. He said he couldn't wait the extra three days between the doctor's visit and the reveal party. He was so excited to find out, and so he learned the truth in the during the ultrasound scan and kept it a secret from me.
It's so cute knowing that he's excited and happy for our growing family. I love him.

Johnny created a wonderful drop-box, and amazingly kept the secret from me. 

Finally the day of the party rolled around, and everything was so much fun!

I tried to follow a simple, white decorating theme and then added touches of pink and blue for pops of color.
 Our party guests offered name suggestions for our baby
and tallied their votes for a "little he" or a "little she."


I made the cake myself: french vanilla cake with homemade cream cheese frosting. Yum!


Eventually it was time to find out, so we made it a family affair.
The drop-box was already hung in the tree, and our son pulled and pulled until the box opened:



And
.
.
.
it's
.
.
.
a
.
.
.


 girl!!!


We're so excited to add another baby girl to our family!!

If you are planning a gender reveal party, I hope these pictures offer you some inspiration. Stay tuned for instructions on how to create a drop-box (as soon as my husband writes that post.)


Labels: ,