Pottery Barn Homesewn Knock-off


Below is the Pottery Barn "Patrick" quilt. 
The bedding set is super for a little boys' transportation themed room. 
But the price tag is rather high. 
Patrick Quilted Bedding | Pottery Barn Kids
When we decided to move our toddler moved out of the crib and into his own "big boy room," I knew I wanted to find him a transportation themed blanket. After I saw the Pottery Barn pattern, everything else seemed either too grown-up or too babyish. This pattern seemed just right for a toddler.

Luckily, the pattern doesn't require sewing expertise either.

I started this blanket when I was 6 months pregnant, 
thinking I could finish before he moved out of the nursery. . . 
but I just finished last night. Our second child is now 8 months old. . .  
Procrastination aside, I'm glad it is finally finished!

We used yellow and red because those colors matched his room. 


My husband is the car guru in our family, 
so he cut out the pattern for all the cars and trucks.

  
The hot rod is my husband's favorite car.






Labels: